Are you baking up a storm for Thanksgiving? Looking for a volunteer project to give thanks back? Or maybe want to buy some goodies to feed to family in town for the holiday? I have got good news for you!! The wonderful folks who have raised well into the six figures for causes like the typhoons in Japan and the recent explosion tragedy in West, Texas are holding another great bake sale in Austin over the Thanksgiving weekend. They are looking for bakers to donate goods, volunteers to man locations, and, of course, eaters to purchase all of the yummy donations. All proceeds go to the families recently hit by the devastating floods in Austin. Below are the details if you would like to participate. Here is the link to the sign up page. And here is the link to the Facebook page.
There will be five bake sales around town on Saturday, November 30th from 10 AM to 2 PM. Please sign up for the bake sale of your choice by clicking your preferred location below:
- Savory and sweet baked goods, preserves, and homemade candies are welcome!
- In order to comply with Austin health codes, items at the bake sale need to be wrapped or boxed for sale when you drop them off. Individually wrapped treats, packaged dozens and half-dozens, as well as whole cakes/pies/tarts/loaves etc. are welcome.
- It may be warm or rainy that day, so please make items that will be safe and appetizing to eat after some time outside. That means no custard, ice cream cakes, whipped cream, cream cheese frosting, whipped egg white frostings or dairy items that spoil quickly.
- Please label your treats with the item name. Include your @Twitter handle and blog URL if you’re online. Gluten-free/dairy-free/vegan/nut-free items are welcome and should be clearly labeled as such.
- Please plan to deliver your goods in containers you will not need returned.
- We sell everything by donation, so the more delicious/special the items, and the nicer the packaging/presentation, the more money we can get!
- Several large handmade or printed signs announcing the bake sale (This is a BIG need!)
- 2-4 rectangular folding tables at all locations except Whole Foods locations
- 2-4 Red plastic or paper table cloths
- 2-4 Large, clean coffee cans or pickle jars to hold donations
- A few folding chairs for volunteers to sit on
- Pop-up party tents for shade at all locations except Whole Foods Locations
- Hand sanitizer
- Tape, scissors, pens, markers, poster boards for signs
- Dessert displays like cake stands, baskets, tiered dessert displays